Farnell Parish

Farnell Parish Church was built in 1806 by James Playfair alongside the remains of the Old Parish Church. It is a striking building with several Gothic Revival architectural details. The church was built with red sandstone ashlar blocks, now heavily weathered in places. The roof is slated. The church stands within a large graveyard in the small rural community of Farnell. A number of Pictish stones and long cist burials have been discovered in the graveyard, attesting to the site’s historic past.

Times of worship

Every Sunday at 9.30am
(except Sunday Christmas Service at 6pm)

Supported by:

Heritage Lottery Fund logo Church of Scotland logo Historic Environment Scotland logo